Things I Think
1. Nothing has deadened the expectation of Christ’s return like the last forty years of sensational signs of the times that actually pointed nowhere. I’ve recently watched a couple of prophecy conferences online and I’m struck by the advanced age of the attendees and their sparse numbers.
The younger generations are simply not going to chase every new sensationalistic “sign”, nor are they going to buy the conspiracy theories. Within ten years the end times enthusiasts will have the same traction in the church as the KJV only crowd does now.
2. The Indiana religious freedom law is very interesting. I’ve written on these pages before that I believe a backlash is coming against the LGBT lobby…they’ve overplayed their hand. Unless I’m very wrong, most of America still holds to somewhat traditional views on sex and marriage and while they’re willing to accommodate this small segment of society, they are unwilling to allow them to make the rules for the rest of us.
3. I’m having a hard time convincing Trey that the outdoor “survival” experience doesn’t come with Wi-Fi…
4. Please get a clue. The reason Chuck Smith didn’t like Rick Warren had nothing to do with theology and everything to do with Warren being successful in Chuck’s front yard. He was angry with Greg Laurie for the same reason…
5. When we invite people to church, what are we inviting them to? A lecture, a lifestyle, a community, or Christ?
6. The Scriptures say that one who is forgiven much, loves much…and that the opposite is also true. It may be that the person you have the hardest time loving is the one that looks most like your own unconfessed sin..
7. I note that the internet gives me the ability to be everywhere, yet to avoid being where I actually am…
8. I also note that being offline is a picture of death…a few people take notice, then move on. This should be ample incentive to be completely present where you are with the people God put there with you.
9. I find myself praying for as many pets as people these days. I do not consider this heresy.
10. Learn the difference between the visible church and the invisible church. Things are not always as they appear…many members of the invisible church are not “officially” connected to the visible one.