Linkathon 1/9, part 1
- “Becky” (HT)
- “…the hope that you and I have of being in a conscious state of existence with Christ at the moment of death is strangely absent among Old Testament believers.”
- Rebecca’s story about leaving Mars Hill Church.
- “December 26 was a fitting day for Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor to refuse judicial relief to the Hobby Lobby craft store chain, whose Christian owners object to certain requirements of the Affordable Care Act. On the calendar of Western Christianity, December 26 is St. Stephen’s Day, the day that honors Christendom’s first martyr.
- “We should step back for a moment here to recognize the absurdity of CT’s attempt to make this a “religious” claim, because their argument is simply indefensible on Christian religious grounds.”
- Former contestants on the TV show The Biggest Loser are critical of the show’s decision to include kids.