Things I Think
That’s right…you must vote for a man whose declared beliefs about Jesus Christ have been declared heresy by the church for two millennia or you aren’t part of the body that declared them heretical.
This bizarre turn of events is defended as necessary because of “whats at stake” in this election.
What’s at stake once again is the purity and power of the Gospel and whether it can take being defiled yet again by American idolaters using it in pursuit of earthly influence.
It can,and it will… but only by the grace of God.
2. The NFL might want to get it’s refs back in time for tonights games…unless union busting is now a spectator sport as well, someone is going to get hurt.
3. A cursory look at Facebook shows that if you are a Christian who does not follow the company political line, you better just shut the bleep up or the people transformed by grace and sacrificial love will eat you alive. Christians now also have a special dispensation to say anything negative that comes to their minds about those who differ with them. That must be a biblical addition I’m not aware of…
4. The Oregon Lottery has become politically correct. Beforehand if you scanned a losing ticket to see if you won a message would come up, “not a winner”. Someone must have got their feelers hurt, because now it says “not a winning ticket”. Lotteries are nothing but a tax on the poor.
5. Some of you are very angry with me already this morning. Ask me if I care. I care about the Gospel and the church and when I see them used and abused I’m going to speak.
6. I counted six uses of the epithet “Demoncrap” before I started writing this morning. I didn’t know sixth graders could vote…
7. “Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh,arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.”(1 Peter 4:1–2 ESV) I’ve been suffering in flesh a lot the last couple of weeks…and the reason you cease from sin is that His presence is so real at these times that sin is shown for what it truly is and the Son utterly rises over it. I really want to get well, but my eyes have seen a little of the glory…
8. Peyton Manning…I salute you.
9. There are none I feel more pity for than those who have lived their lives in such a way that they pursued earthly things at the expense of family and friends. I haven’t done much right in this life, nor do I have much to show for my time here…but I wont die alone. I am rich where it matters.
10. I don’t care which earthly political affiliation you choose. I don’t care what you do for a living or your country of origin. I don’t care about your economic or social standing. I care about whether you know Him. Come…drink deeply and freely from the living water. Come as you are, bring your baggage and your friends and your pain and your curses and your diseases and sin and doubt and rage…come. We’re going to drink and dance and sing and cry and then we’re going to do it some more. He’s paid for the food and the band and the place…He’s paid for it all. You’re invited. Come.