Things I Think
2. I might as well get this off my chest…it’s shameful that we care more about Israel than Mexico. It’s also short sighted and ignorant.
3. You are the means that God is using to change the part of the world you dwell in. Your actions are the answer to someones prayers.
4. What will the spiritual state be of those who were expecting a Rapture and instead received life under a beast empire?
5. The more we worship the idol of youth, the more we rob our youth of the virtues of age.
6. Truth, wherever it may be found on whatever subject it may be found, is never a threat to the truth of the Word of God. All truth is God’s truth.
7. If the Calvinists of today ever bothered to read the works of Calvin himself they would soon realize that his main concerns were always pastoral, even when expositing doctrine. I am appalled at the lack of pastoral concern among my tribe…and the namesake of the tribe would be as well.
8. Those of us who have been given the faith to believe the entire canon need to remember that genocide ordered by God should be a difficult thing to reconcile with the concept of a God who is love.
9. Word comes of yet another scandal ridden dirtbag being restored to “ministry”. The only thing that would end his career (for that is what it is) would be for everyone in the assembly to walk out upon his occupation of the pulpit. That won’t happen, so why should I care when they don’t?
10. I spent my free time last week reading a book called “Dirty Wars” that speaks of how our country wages secret wars with secret prisons all over the world and targets American citizens for assassination without charges or warrant. It is heavily researched and footnoted. We also learned last week of the incredible invasion of our privacy by our government in the NSA scandal. These have far more eschatological meaning to me than who Rick Warren has lunch with…