Things I Think
2. When my church wanted to donate to help the victims of Sandy, we didn’t go to the Red Cross…we found a church that was giving aid and comfort before they were. It was the best use of Gods money and Gods people did His work with it. The media didn’t notice, but the people who were served surely did.
3. If the worst case scenario presented by the anti abortion movement happens and Supreme Court justices are appointed that will uphold Roe vs Wade…what’s plan B?
4. When we protest the deterioration of the family do we include the growing number of businesses that are requiring people to work on Thanksgiving?
5. I wanted to write profound thoughts about the election but there are times when discretion is the better part of valor. We held an election and we all lost…no matter who you voted for.
6. Times like these are great opportunities for true leaders…if we have any.
7. “If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.”(1 Corinthians 15:19 ESV). When you can say amen to that one, you’re all in. Amen.
8. Steve Brown teaches that “when pain exceeds payoff, positive change occurs”. When the cost of separation exceeds the joy of whacking each other, we’ll start putting the country back together again.
9. Stopped at a rest area on the way home and as usual there was someone in need soliciting donations. He was a rough looking character with a rougher looking dog and people were giving them both a wide berth on the way to the bathrooms. Just as I was leaving a lady come up and laid hands on him and prayed. It was…beautiful. As I pulled away I wondered for a moment why I hadn’t done that, but didn’t like the reasons I came up with.
10. Adrian Peterson.