Things I Think
I have a response to that inevitable news, but it’s too profane to print here.
The only thing that elicits more profanity is knowing that there are people so idolatrous and biblically illiterate that they will be willing to be the first set of carcasses under a brand new bus.
Let’s just end this flood of words and whispers…Driscoll is a narcissistic religious opportunist, a heartless hireling, no more than this generations version of Jimmy Swaggart.
If that’s what you’re looking for in a “pastor”…have at it.
Just don’t call a blogger when you want someone to see the tire tracks he leaves where you used to keep your wallet.
2. I’ve seen a couple of pastors publicly say that they were “saddened” that Mark was disciplined for “unbiblical” reasons. What they are really saying is that unless you catch a tyrant with his pants down, it’s biblically allowable to be a tyrant.
No, it’s not…and unless you understand why Driscoll is unfit for the ministry, you are too.
3. Last night, word came that well known Word Faith teacher Myles Munroe had died in a plane crash. Almost immediately there came of flood of Facebook posts with the phrase “I hope he repented before he died”. That’s actually Christianeze for “I think he split hell wide open”.
4. One of great mercies of God is that He will carry all of the stress and pain of difficult circumstances with you. It is only when you choose to carry them yourself that you find they are far too heavy for your shoulders.
5. It has been claimed that faith is a crutch…I affirm that. It’s also the hospital bed and wheelchair I rely on when I’m too weak for a crutch.
6. Whenever I find myself walking without grace and mercy for others, it’s a sure sign that I’m in need of both myself.
7. Universalism and legalism are two sides of the same coin.
8. God is not going to let you stand next to Him at the judgment and say “I told you so” to anyone…
9. The most strident critics of Christianity today are not the atheists or pagans…it is those who the church do not love well when they were among us.
10. Hell was created for divine justice, not to be the last word on doctrinal differences.