Things I Think
2. My store was closed in observance of Easter. Wonder how long that tradition will last….
3. Amazing to me that people unfriend me on Facebook because they’re afraid their churches will find out they like me…
4. Google celebrated Cesar Chavez yesterday instead of celebrating Easter. This led to evangelical threats to boycott it in favor of Bing which had the holy sensibility to feature Easter eggs…which, of course, remind us all of the risen Christ. Right…
5. The new Blackberry is a really cool device…if this is 2010.
6. Going to a mega church and complaining about the lack of personal attention is like going to WalMart and complaining about the lack of valet parking.
7. After all these years online, I’m closer to some people I’ve never met, (or have just briefly met), than most that I have. That’s not good or bad, it just is.
8. Who would have thought that the day would come when you would be mocked and scorned for holding to traditional values…inside the church?
9. When you lead off a discussion by labeling someone as “hateful” or a “bigot” you don’t want a discussion, you want to batter someone into submission.
10. I wish the Bible didn’t say certain things…but unless I’m persuaded by superior exegesis that my interpretation is wrong, I can’t be swayed by emotion, need, or social change to discard what I believe.