Things I Think
1. Of all the betrayals of trust I’ve endured as a supporter of President Obama, none is more egregious than leaving an American citizen a prisoner of a totalitarian regime. That is inexplicable and inexcusable.
2. Carl Trueman once again writes brilliantly about the celebrity culture of the American church. The only thing that would add to that brilliance would be if he placed the blame for that culture where it belongs…on the throngs that create the celebrities in the first place.
3. If Pastor Saeed Abedini were a good looking young agnostic the outcry to free him and the outrage that he hasn’t been already would be overwhelming.
4. Not only will I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving, I will not patronize any establishment that opens on the holiday for the rest of the year. Go and do likewise.
5. My favorite Christmas song? Why don’t you just ask about my favorite dental procedure?
6. Thanksgiving, however, I love. You can fully participate for the cost of a turkey and a grateful heart.
7. If C.S. Lewis were alive today he would be as reviled as Rick Warren and by the same people.
8. I’m learning from my son how to talk to my Father. Fearlessly, with expectation, in complete confidence of unconditional love.
9. If questions about your faith upset you, that’s a pretty good indication that you’re not sure about your answers…
10. Defending pastors on the basis of shared doctrine rather than biblical character is at the root of abuse issues in the church today.